Swim molds are designed to protect the ear canal and middle ear system from water entry. They are appropriate for patients with chronic swimmers ear, perforated ear drums or modified middle ear systems.
- A swim mold can be utilized by anyone wishing to maintain a relatively dry ear canal while bathing, surface swimming or showering.
- Floatable custom swim molds are ideal for anyone who wants to keep water out of his/her ears while swimming, bathing or showering.
- Swim molds are particularly useful for children who have pressure equalization tubes in their eardrums due to frequent ear infections.
- Swim molds can be ordered with handles for easy removal, or a cord, to keep the pair together. A handy wrist pouch is also available.
- Swim molds are available in a variety of colors and color combinations.
An appointment to make an ear impression is required to order custom earmolds.