Rechargeable Hearing Aids
We now have multiple rechargeable hearing aid options for our patients. As we’ve discussed in previous newsletter issues, rechargeable hearing aids are a great option because they work for you all day long. No need to carry spare batteries or have to change them on the go. With these devices, you put them on the charger before you go to bed and when you wake up they a have a full day’s charge. The charger gives them an overnight “home” so you always remember where they are.
Rechargeable hearing aids:
- Eliminates cost and hassle of buying new batteries
- Comes with an easy to use charging station
- Environmentally-friendly; reduces battery waste
- We currently are offering five rechargeable options from our manufacturing partners
The recharging kit can be ordered at the time of a new hearing aid purchase or, if the hearing aids are compatible, it can be retrofit on existing devices. If your hearing aid is compatible, it only takes a few minutes for us to change your device into a rechargeable device.
Rechargeable hearing aids are perfect for those who have:
• dexterity issues (such as numbness in the ngers from diabetes)
• difficulty handling tiny batteries on a daily basis
• vision loss that makes it hard to place batteries in your hearing aids.
Rechargeable hearing aids are convenient, easy to use and environmentally-friendly. The multiple manufacturers offering rechargeable solutions now include Oticon, Widex, Starkey, Resound, and Phonak. If you are interested in learning more about rechargeable solutions or to nd out if your current device could be converted into a rechargeable device please call us to schedule an appointment.