Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and we want to share with you all the reasons why it’s so important to bring a loved one with you to an audiologist appointment! Someone who is visiting our office is asked that they bring a spouse, significant other, or close family member or friend to the appointment for a variety of reasons. Although it’s not mandatory, it is certainly helpful. Our audiologists want to answer all your questions, and we’re sure your loved one has a few, too!
- There is a lot of information to go over - At Tustin Hearing Center; we find it very important to have a thorough appointment, especially if you are someone who is investigating your hearing for the first time. We want to educate you as much as we can about your individual hearing loss, and learn as much as we can about your individual needs. This gives us the best opportunity to help recommend the best solution for your unique hearing loss. Your Audiologist is going to go over a lot of information with you, and having a loved one there serves as an extra set of ears to listen.
- Having a support system - For some people, discussing their hearing difficulties is hard. Finding out you have a hearing loss can be exceptionally hard for some individuals, and we find having a support system at the appointment is extremely helpful.
- Getting a different perspective – Family members often have an entirely different perspective than the actual person who is experiencing hearing difficulties. And often times have many questions of their own. It is important to us to address both, which is why we find it helpful that a loved one be present at the time of the appointment.
- Hearing a familiar voice – During a hearing evaluation, your Audiologist could suggest trying on hearing aids to allow you to hear the difference while wearing hearing devices. Having a familiar voice around while demoing hearing aids can help you hear the difference while wearing hearing devices. Having someone there who is familiar with your hearing experience also gives us another point of view, as well as a trusted second opinion.
- Hearing Aids are a big decision – Like most medical decisions – hearing aids are an important decision, and most of our patients like to talk it over with their spouse or family member before making the decision to purchase. This also allows your spouse or family member to ask their questions! By bringing them to the hearing aid appointment, they can get all of the information that you can get, and you can make a decision together!
Call us today at 714-731-6549 to schedule an appointment with your Valentine! We would love to see you both and answer all your questions!