Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs)
Assisted listening devices (ALD) are any type of device that can help you function better in your day-to-day communication situations. An ALD can be used with or without hearing aids to overcome negative effects of distance, background noise, or poor room acoustics.
ALD’s include: FM Systems, Loop systems, Amplified phones, and TV systems. We have catalogs of assistive devices and can guide you in your selection. We also carry many products at our center in Tustin including devices for watching TV.
- Watching television is often times difficult for people who may have a hearing loss.
- The good news is that there are devices available to help!
- When you use a TV listening device: It does not affect the normal operation of your television's volume function.
- Television's volume can be set at a normal, lowered or muted volume while the person wearing the TV listening device can set their wireless TV headset volume to the level they prefer.
- They are compatible with satellite, cable, digital and HD TV.
- Are easy to install and include everything you need to hook up to any TV.
At Tustin Hearing Center, we carry both Sennheiser and TV Ears brands TV listening devices. We recommend calling ahead of time to speak to one of our trained staff so they can help with programming the device to your specific needs.